This powerful table saw can manage all of your personal woodworking projects or all of your home repair and construction wood cutting needs. The saw is conveniently located on a rolling cart, making it portable and very convenient.
The DWE7491RS has a 32.5-inch rip capacity, allowing it to cut larger pieces with ease. My personal favorite with this saw is that the fence is designed with rack and pinion movement, making it the easiest fencing to adjust on a table saw in the industry.
The fence is telescopic and can be easily adjusted to make very thin rips in the wood, if necessary.
When you are using the saw, you will get a depth of 3 1/8 inches at 90 degrees and 2 Â¼ inches at 45 degrees. This allows for excellent beveling on projects as well as giving you the potential for true creativity.
I am also quite pleased with the 2-inch dust port that connects to a vacuum for easy cleanup. No one likes sawdust flying around their shop.
Powerful Motor Perfect for Hardwoods
The DeWalt DWE7491RS is the right choice for your woodworking shop if you love to work with hardwoods. The 15-amp motor easily cuts through the hardest woods without straining the motor or harming the integrity of the saw.
The blade moves at 4,200 rpm at its highest speed and can be used at that speed for extended periods of time without harming the motor.
The design of the machine allows for a significant reduction of vibration when the motor is operating at full speed. Although the stand is on wheels, it is very sturdy and stable when in use.
The table base is also specially coated to help further reduce friction while the machine is in use.
The power of this motor and the capacity to cut through wood up to 3 inches thick make this saw an option for woodworking projects or home-based construction projects.
- Rack-and-pinion telescopic fencing that makes adjustments very easy
- Site Pro Guard System allows you to make tool-free adjustments to the protection guards after each use
- Rolling base provides extra stability for the saw when in use due to the extra weight
- Rolling base has a storage area that allows you to keep all components together for quick access
- Rear feet are adjustable so that you can level the saw in any area that you are working
- Comes with a 24T carbide blade that performs better and longer than standard blades
- Blades can be adjusted from 0-25 degrees for leveling
- 32.5-inch rip capacity for larger pieces
- 2.5-inch dust collection port that can easily be connected to a shop vac for simplified cleaning and sawdust control
- Cuts up to 3 1/8 inches deep and 2 Â¼ inches at a 45 degree angle
- Has a 15-amp motor that is strong enough to cut through hardwoods with precision
- Flip-over ripping fence allows you to make very narrow rips in the wood
- Easy to change blades and add DeWalt attachments for different types of woodworking needs
- Rolling cart has heavy-duty wheels attached, which makes it much easier to get around jobsites or uneven areas in the workshop
DEWALT DWE7491RS VS DWE7480
The largest difference between the DeWalt DWE7491RS and the DWE7480 is the rolling cart attachment. The 7491RS comes equipped with a rolling cart, and the 7480 does not.
The 7491RS has several enhanced features compared to the older model, with the most noticeable difference being the 32.5-inch rip capacity when the older model can only accommodate up to 24 inches.
The motor is the same in both machines and produces the same RPM. However, the 7491RS has the advantage of being on the cart.
This cart helps eliminate a lot of the vibration that occurs when the motor is working at top speed. The added weight of the cart almost doubles the weight of the saw itself. The 7480 only weighs in at 48 pounds and can vibrate more when in use.
The Benefits of the Cart
The cart is one of the largest benefits of the 7491RS. Not only does this make the saw completely portable, but it also works as a great storage container.
You can store all of your accessories for the saw and any additional tools you may need for the project on the cart. This keeps everything close at hand and allows you to progress through your project faster.
The cart stands 21 inches high. When you place the saw on top of it, the saw is at perfect working height.
The cart also measures 26 inches in width. This extra width provides superior support for the saw while it is in use. The overall stand design is easy to put up and take down, making storage very easy. However, most people simply leave the saw on the stand for added convenience.
Common Uses for the 7491RS
This saw is perfect for the woodworking enthusiast as well as skilled construction workers. The saw allows for different types of cutting and beveling and will cut through hardwood easily.
This saw was made for heavy-duty use and is a piece that you can use throughout the day, every day.
Some of the more common uses for this saw are for cabinet building and installation, wood floor installation, personal construction projects, and deck building. Trim work and remodeling are simplified with this saw.
Just about any home project that you can think of will be easier with this heavy-duty table saw.
What We Like:
- The 7491RS has an extended rip capacity of up to 32.5 inches
- Narrow cuts can be made by using the flip-over fencing feature
- Cart stands at waist level, making it ergonomically friendly to use
- Has a 15-amp engine that allows the saw to cut through hardwoods with ease
- The cart has an on-board storage system that gives you easy access to everything you need to operate the saw
What We Didn’t Like:
- The power cord is short in comparison to other similar saws and will probably require the use of an extension cord
- Saw blade can become loosened after long periods of use. You will need to frequently check blade during a project
- Dust collection system still allows a lot of dust to escape, and you need to clean the machine thoroughly after each use.
- Your purchase includes one Dewalt table saw, 10inch 24-tooth carbide blade, rolling stand, push...
- Other Specs: Max rip to left of blade – 22inch | Max rip to right of blade – 32-1/2inch | Max...
- Rolling stand designed for easy set up and breakdown with excellent stability
Last update on 2023-06-07 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Frequently Asked Questions
Is the Saw Removable From the Rolling Cart?
The saw can be removed from the rolling cart if you desire. However, the cart is compact enough that it can be easily stored or maneuvered around your shop or business. The cart also provides extra weight and stability for your saw and significantly reduces vibration while cutting.
Can You Use a Dado Blade Set on This Saw?
If you want to use a dado blade set on this saw, you will have to purchase the Dado Throat Attachment from DeWalt.
DeWalt has stated that it does not recommend stacking dado blades more than 13/16 or 20 mm thick for safety reasons.
The manufacturer also recommends not using dado blades that are bigger than 8 inches on the saw for safety reasons.
Since the blade guard has to be removed to make these types of cuts on this machine, safety is a risk factor that must be considered prior to use.
Are There Any Woods That You Should Avoid With This Saw?
This saw has the capability to cut through any type of wood. Both hardwoods and softwoods are cut with ease and precision thanks to the strong 15-amp motor.
The only thing that I would personally recommend is that you wear a breathing mask for some hardwoods.
The sawdust from some of the more exotic hardwoods can cause throat and nasal irritation.
The DeWalt DWE7491RS is a superior product when it comes to table saws. The heavy-duty motor allows for easy cutting of hardwoods as well as soft.
The blades can be adjusted for beveling and specialty cuts with ease. The ability to cut through up to 3 1/8 inches of wood at one time for a straight cut is very beneficial.
The telescopic fence has rack-and-pinion adjustments for precision movements. You can flip the fence over for narrow rips. Add to that the fact that you can rip up to 32.5 inches at one time, and you have a very versatile and capable saw.
I love the fact that the cart makes it easy to move around the shop and the extra weight is beneficial to stability. The storage area on the cart makes life easier by letting you keep everything in one place, and the size makes the cart easy to store.
My only true complaint about the saw is that the power cord is shorter than I would have liked.
You will most likely need to use an extension cord with this saw, even if your shop is small. If that does not bother you, then you will absolutely love the 7491RS.